With the demand for low environmental impact products at an all-time high, Libra Speciality Chemicals are proud to provide our customers with a vast range of naturally derived products.
Librateric CAB30 B is a perfect example of this and is based on naturally derived, sustainable coconut oil.
By using a hydrogenated coconut oil, our betaine has a light colour and mild odour. It provides excellent viscosity building and foam boosting properties and contributes to mildness when used in surfactant formulations for personal care products. It can also be used in SLES free shampoo formulas as the primary surfactant to help cleanse the hair without affecting the colour.
Librateric CAB30 B is stable and efficacious over a broad pH range and is compatible with both anionic and cationic surfactants. The product is preserved with 0.3% sodium benzoate and is pH balanced to ensure effective protection against potentially harmful microbial contamination.
- The reactors in Libra’s multi-milion pound betaine plant are made from special materials of construction, resulting in no iron contamination in the product from the reactor wall.
- Librateric CAB30B has a free amine content of <0.3%, versus the industry norm of <0.5% which results in less irritancy in our customers finished product.
- Free MCA, a raw material of Librateric CAB30B is <10ppm, compared to the industry norm of <20ppm, also resulting in less irritancy.
- With Libra’s latest capital investment, there is an ability to produce 53,000tpa at full capacity.
- Libra’s betaine tank farm has >1,000 tonnes storage capacity, making product readily available for all customers.
- Fully automated manufacturing plant – Artificial Intelligent software responds to the process to conitnuously improve product quality.
- Full automation means low labour costs – only one operator/shift to run this 53,000tpa plant. More price competitive.
- Large reactors, up to 60 Tonnes per batch with high yield and energy efficiency. More price competitive.
We recognise the importance of sustainability and take pride in assisting our customers to invest into a greener future. Librateric CAB30 B, like many of our other products, is readily biodegradable. No hazardous materials are produced during the production of Betaine. Our Betaine manufacturing facilities meet the standard required by the European Federation for Cosmetic Ingredients (EFfCI), which helps to ensure that our surfactants are of the highest quality and are safe for personal use. Libra’s Integrated Management System meets the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14002:2015 and ISO45001:2018 standards.
Librateric CAB30 B is available in bulk, 1000kg IBC’s and 200kg drums.
For more information about Librateric CAB30 B or any of our other products, please get in touch with a member of our sales team.
Tel: +44 161 775 1888
Why not follow us on social media