At Libra Speciality Chemicals we have undertaken measures to make our manufacturing processes greener in the production of our products. We measure ourselves against the green principles of chemistry; a series of 12 ethical practices used to provide green chemicals into the chemical market.
Here are some of our ethical practices being applied to the production of our extensive range of Betaines:
- Real time analysis: To examine the quantity of DMAPA, glycolic acid and MCA in our manufactured products our technicians take samples for testing. The sample tests analyse if there are any unreacted materials in the product, the pH of the product and its concentration levels. This is a routine quality check process at Libra Speciality Chemicals and any samples not meeting our stringent credentials are adjusted to ensure compliance with our green culture. This ensures that our products are safe to the environment for when they enter water or air streams.
- Prevention of waste: To prevent any waste, products including NaCl, Glycolic acid and Glycerine are kept in the solution and the ratios of DMAPA and coconut oil are optimised.
- Designing safe chemicals: No hazardous materials are produced during the production of Betaine. Our Betaine vessels comply with the European Federation for Cosmetic Ingredients (EFfCI), which ensures that our surfactants are of the highest quality and are safe for personal use.
- Accident Prevention: To prevent accidents, we carry our regular risk assessments which comply with OHSAS 18001 (the officially recognised body for international health and safety management) and Top-tier COMAH standards.
- Energy Efficiency: Our CAB50 is a high active (38%) product. More active equals less water and the less water there is in the product, the less energy is required to transport and use the CAB50 product during subsequent use. This results in a cheaper and greener process.
CAB50 also has a low odour, is lighter in colour, high foaming, milder on the skin, has high moisturising effects and self-preserves, this is ideal for personal care applications.
- Find out more about Libra’s 12 green principles of chemistry here: https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/greenchemistry/principles/12-principles-of-green-chemistry.html
- Find out more about our Betaine product range here: http://www.librachem.co.uk/libra-products-surfactants/librateric-betaines/
If you would like to find out more about green chemistry at Libra Speciality Chemicals, enquire online: http://www.librachem.co.uk/ Call us: +44 161 775 1888 or email us: email@example.com